The Knights & Queens of Valor is a mentoring ministry which promotes chess as a game that cultivates self-control, discipline, logic and sportsmanship; while instilling values such as honesty, integrity, respect and courage.
Special highlights and functions of this ministry:
- 2004 recipient of "The Excellence in Mentoring Award" awarded by Governor Ehlrich.
- The KOV E-Newsletter - (Read the Winter 2010 Issue)
- Local and nationally rated chess tournaments which included two matches against Adalius Thomas (96) & The Baltimore Ravens and three matches against The Harlem Dragons (New York City's top-rated youth chess team).
- Classes on Grooming & Etiquette.
- Community service.
- Visits to The Genesis Elder Care Nursing Home.
- Field trips to The White House, Smithsonian Institute, New York City, The Renaissance Festival, Six Flaggs, and The Ravens Owings Mills training facility.
Who can participate?
Knowledge of chess is not a prerequisite. Anyone between the ages of 7-17 who is interested or has a curiosity of the "Royal Game of Games."
When do we meet?
First two Saturdays of the months 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. October through June.
For more information contact: